- More than two decades influencing, shaping and creating news, sports and weather coverage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of how to pitch and advance stories through the 24-hour news cycle.
- 27 years of creating news content from start to finish. Generate ideas, shoot and edit video in digital or analog formats, write and edit copy and broadcast finished product.
- Skilled in developing and implementing research driven branding and image packages for TV and radio.
- Continued studies in Marketing via Wharton Business on Coursera. Verified Certificate with Distinction: https://www.coursera.org/signature/certificate/C4YQV6P7CV
- 19 years experience in real time crisis and public safety communications, passing on critical and potentially life saving information.
- Ability to rapidly process facts and relate to the public in a clear, concise manner, in high pressure, unscripted settings.
- Thrive in unscripted, deadline-driven communication environment. Create all content for and perform as many as 30 unique “weather hits” for four TV stations a night.
- Host of numerous television specials on wide range of topics from weather to sports to hard news.
- Highly recognizable/credible on air personality in all West Virginia media markets as well as Eastern Kentucky, Southern and Eastern Ohio with 10 years of nightly television presence also in Southwest Pennsylvania, Western Maryland and Southwest Virginia.
- Since 1997 have taken complex scientific data and translated it for viewers into easy-to-understand, useful information.
- Effective public speaker, delivering age appropriate presentations for schools, church groups, civic groups. Comfortable speaking to and with business and political leaders.
Multimedia / Social Media
- Creative blogger/vlogger, developing strong social media following. Broadcast meteorology leader in social media outreach.
- Skilled in traditional software packages such as Microsoft Office as well as various digital video/audio editing programs and digital photo programs.
- Veteran in shaping content in several forms of media. Create and deliver daily forecast audio content for six radio stations in four regional markets, all with unique branding and imaging. Also create text and digital video forecasts for two websites in two regional TV markets daily.
- Early adapter to all forms of social media and evolving technology in video and computers.
Aptitudes and Attitudes
- Multitasker engaged in continuing education. Earned meteorology Certifications and seals of approval while working full time.
- Positive outlook, driven toward achieving and exceeding goals.
- Enjoy the challenge of deadline based assignments.
- Continually engaged in evaluating “messaging” of media, politics, advertising.
Real World Results
- 2007-2009 Stewardship Campaign Chairman First Presbyterian Church, Huntington, WV. Chaired group that raised over $1.5M in donations in two years from 300 pledging households. Created unique annual stewardship themes and set back-to-back records for amounts pledged and donated. Designed and executed campaigns through public speaking appeals, direct mail, digital media, social gatherings and phone solicitation.
- 1995 Conceived and led execution of first local USMC/WOWK Toys For Tots "Drive Thru Dropoff." Increased public awareness and donations for annual USMC toy drive via local curbside dropoff at TV station studio locations.
- Experienced in meeting client expectations for on air product, leading to multiple renewals of sponsorships for weather segments as well as other individual franchises in the past such as Spencer’s Neighborhood Spotlight.
- Steadily increasing social media presence, offering weather content and “behind the scenes” information to several thousand viewers daily.